How did we calculate this?
- No annual payment
- Mastercard ID Theft Safety freed from cost
- Just one option to redeem factors
- Low level redemption worth
EBay Mastercard Overview
The eBay bank card is a co-branded Mastercard issued by Synchrony Financial institution. It permits consumers to earn as much as 5x rewards factors per greenback spent on eBay and both 2x or one level per greenback on all different purchases per the phrases of the account settlement. The rewards program detailed within the account settlement is minimal in comparison with different rewards playing cards.
Nevertheless, the eBay Mastercard has no annual payment, and cardholders obtain Mastercard’s core card advantages, together with the Mastercard ID Theft Safety, which makes this a secure card for on-line procuring.
Key Options of the eBay Credit score Card
GOBankingRates gave the eBay Mastercard 4 out of 5 stars primarily based on the next options.
The eBay Mastercard has no annual payment. Different charges a cardholder might encounter with this card embrace:
- 3% international transaction charges
- Money advance charges of $10 or 5% of quantities superior, whichever is larger
- As much as a $41 late cost payment
- $30 returned cost payment
This card carries a variable annual proportion charge of 22.24%, 26.24% or 29.24%, relying on the cardholder’s creditworthiness. The cardboard’s minimal APR is larger than that of some different rewards playing cards and will make this card costlier for individuals who carry a steadiness.
EBay Mastercard cardholders can get core Mastercard advantages free, together with the Mastercard ID Theft Safety. This safety consists of bank card alternative, ID theft alerts, misplaced pockets help and entry to identification theft decision specialists who can help cardholders when identities have been compromised.
Cardholders additionally obtain zero-liability safety for any fraudulent card prices.
The eBay Mastercard permits frequent eBay consumers to build up rewards factors shortly, however level redemption is proscribed to eBay purchases.
Cardholders earn the next rewards factors:
- 3x factors per greenback spent on eligible eBay purchases as much as $1,000 in whole eBay purchases through the calendar yr
- 5x factors per greenback spent on eligible purchases over the preliminary $1,000 in eBay purchases through the calendar yr
- 2x factors per greenback spent on eligible gasoline, grocery retailer and restaurant purchases
- 1x level per greenback on all different purchases
A cardholder’s 1500 factors are price $10 in the direction of an eBay buy, which is little greater than a half-cent per level. Cardholders incomes 3x factors per greenback should spend $500 on eligible eBay purchases to earn a $10 reward. Nevertheless, these incomes 5x factors will earn $10 for each $300 spent on eBay.
Factors expire after 24 months and will be revoked for late funds.
How the eBay Mastercard Stands Out
Maybe the one stand-out function of this card is the 5x factors it awards for purchases past the $1,000 of purchases on eBay for the calendar yr. It is a strong reward for individuals who spend some huge cash on eBay and can attain that threshold shortly, however much less helpful for individuals who don’t spend as a lot on eBay early within the yr.
Comparable eBay Mastercard Choices
The next two playing cards is perhaps higher choices for eBay consumers trying to find a rewards card.
PayPal Cashback Mastercard
The PayPal Cashback card is one other co-branded Mastercard that awards cardholders 3% money again on purchases made through PayPal with the PayPal Mastercard, together with eBay purchases, and a couple of% on all different eligible purchases. Money-back rewards will be redeemed as a credit score to the cardholder’s PayPal account for use for PayPal purchases.
The PayPal card has no annual payment, a 17.24%, 26.24% or 29.24% variable APR and extra rewards flexibility for infrequent eBay consumers than the eBay Mastercard.
Capital One Quicksilver Money Rewards
The Capital One Quicksilver card pays 1.5% money again on each buy. Rewards will be redeemed in a number of methods, together with as a press release credit score, within the type of a test, to cowl current purchases with the Quicksilver card, to buy present playing cards and extra. With no annual payment and a APR, this card is sweet for consumers who purchase from all kinds of on-line retailers.
How To Apply
These within the eBay Mastercard can entry the net software by way of the eBay web site. As soon as on the eBay web site, seek for “eBay Mastercard” to seek out the cardboard’s related assist web page with a hyperlink to the applying. Candidates will need to have an eBay account to use.
Who the eBay Mastercard Is Finest For
Since this card’s rewards factors can solely be used towards eBay purchases, it’s best for individuals who spend properly over the $1,000 threshold on eBay every year to earn the 5x factors on purchases.
Those that don’t frequently store on eBay won’t profit from this card a lot. Common eBay consumers ought to have a look at a number of different rewards playing cards earlier than making use of for the eBay Mastercard. Different playing cards might present way more flexibility in redeeming factors and provide extra worth per level.
These with good to glorious credit score will seemingly get a a lot better APR from one other rewards card issuer than they’ll get with the eBay bank card.
FAQListed below are some fast solutions to in style questions concerning the eBay Mastercard.
- What credit score rating do you must get an eBay bank card?
- Synchrony Financial institution doesn’t present a minimal credit score rating requirement in its phrases and situations for the eBay Mastercard. Nevertheless, it does provide three tiers of variable APRs, which can correlate to these with honest, good and glorious credit score.
- Does eBay have its personal bank card?
- Sure, the eBay card is a co-branded Mastercard issued by Synchrony Financial institution.
- What can you employ an eBay bank card for?
- Cardholders can use the eBay bank card wherever Mastercard is accepted.
- What financial institution owns the eBay bank card?
- The eBay Mastercard is issued by Synchrony Financial institution.
Info is correct as of Sept. 1, 2022, and topic to alter.
Editorial Be aware: This content material just isn’t supplied by any entity coated on this article. Any opinions, analyses, opinions, rankings or suggestions expressed on this article are these of the writer alone and haven’t been reviewed, authorised or in any other case endorsed by any entity named on this article.